Tuesday 18 October 2011

Piggables + Sonic WIP (Welcoming Post!)

To any who stumble upon this, welcome to my *new* blog! I've never really done this before, and my main reason for creating this is to join in on International Hermit And Stitch Weekend, which looks like great fun to participate in. (Not to mention, I could really use that sort of motivation!) Sadly, I missed this month's IHSW, but I certainly hope to join in on November's!

Well, now that you realize my motive for beginning this, I suppose I should use this blog 90% of the other time. I do enjoy taking WIPs of my projects and sharing them, but I hate cluttering my DeviantArt account with them. Sooo.... This is, in fact, perfect! Haha, without further ado, I shall share two of my latest projects with you.


This is obviously, not complete, but a rather cute piggy gathering WIP. It's titled "We're All In This Together", and I found it in a Cross Stitch Pattern Book called "Piggables". I'm rather fond of pigs, and the three here strongly remind me of myself, my mom, and my brother. I'm almost done it, just need to finish the last of the fence, add in the bead eyes, and add the text! I stitched this up over the weekend while watching a slew of horror movies. Great fun that was!


I apologize for the poor quality of this WIP, but no matter what angle/lighting I attempted, it just came out blurry. I presume that I need to work on it more for it to appear clearer. Anyhoo! You're probably wondering, "just WHAT is that?!" Well, I shall answer! It is the shoe of Sir Sonic, a birthday gift for my brother. I just started it last night, and only had about an hour to work on it. I realize it's hard to know what the image looks like, so here's a preview of the sprite I'm working from:

Pretty awesome eh? I'm sure he'll love it. Now... Just to finish it in 8 days!! Haha! Well, I'll have another update in a few days, so until then, take care, and don't stop stitching! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment